Developing an online strategy has one critical step that most businesses overlook. You have to know what you want to achieve before you begin. The internet is a very productive marketing channel for the following goals:
- Discovery – help new prospects find your product or service and increase your brand awareness
- Validation – give prospects from all sources including your networking, other advertisements, and referrals confidence that your organization is worthy of their time and attention. Done correctly, it makes the rest of your marketing more effective.
- Lead Generation – consumers turn to the internet first, so using the internet to generate leads is a powerful tool for your business
- Sales – complete the sale and facilitate the transaction
- Improve Customer Service – enable customers to tap into product or service information or frequently used forms and enable customers to gain access to your staff
Not all online strategies can, and should, try to do all of these equally well. Which one is most important to your business right now? That’s your starting point for your online strategy.
An effective online strategy can achieve more leads, more sales and increase your level of customer satisfaction. In many cases we’ve been able to help our clients reduce operating costs by giving their website the ability to handle customer service or data-tracking tasks.