Continuing on my last post about search engines and a search engine results page (SERP), we'll dive deeper into what a higher ranking means for your website and how to acheive that higher ranking.
The better your website and search engine optimization techniques, the more visibliity your website will get on a SERP. I'm strictly referring to organic search results and un-paid. The more and higher a site appears on a SERP, the more visitors it will receive. Websites that are said to have a web presence have usually followed good SEO practices.
To optimize your website, you should make sure that minimally the following are done:
- Edit content, HTML and associated coding to include sought after keywords
- Remove barriers to spiders / indexing
- Promote site to increase the number of backlinks
- Have a “search engine friendly” site with keyword rich designs, menu’s, content management, images, videos, etc
- Align metadata and internal text links with above